Refugee Crisis – Sad Facts
- The number of forcibly displaced people was standing at 59.5 million individuals as of the end of 2014
- 1 million Palestinian refugees
- 2 million Syrian refugees
- 6 million Afghanistan refugees
- There are 209 refugees per 1,000 inhabitants in Lebanon
- Globally, 42,500 people per day are fleeing their home
- The world’s largest refugee camp is located in Dadaab, Kenya, which is home to more than 329,000 people
- Of the 20 million refugees worldwide, 51% are under the age of 18. This is the highest number of child refugees since World War II
There is a big difference between a refugee that is forced to leave their home because it is too terrifying or dangerous to stay and an economic migrant to wants a better life.
Genuine refugees must be supported.